We have a volunteer workday scheduled for this
Sunday – 30th November
– as usual meet up at the car park on the common below the Twmp at about 10.30am.
Jobs we have to tackle are as follows:
- There’s the usual litter pick to do – there was quite a mess at the car park after bonfire night earlier in the month – a few of us managed to clear away all of that rubbish but there is still a bit of clearing to do where a burnt-out car was found.
- We have a few way-marking posts to install, to point the way to the kissing gates on the way up to the tump.
- The fences need to be checked for any damage and the kissing gate on the east of the tump needs replacing if we manage to get a new one in time.
- Tea and biccies will be available as usual.
As you can see there’s lots of little tasks to do, so can we please try to get a good attendance for this.
We have plenty of rubbish bags, gloves, hi-viz vests, pick-up sticks and most other tools and equipment that will be needed but you are welcome to provide you own.
Please remember to dress appropriately for the terrain and weather. We are properly insured but you will be expected to be aware of your own safety and act responsibly
HOW TO GET THERE
Click here if you don’t know how to get to the car park – there’s an easy to follow map for you to download.
If you can’t drive up there please contact us via email and we’ll try to arrange some transport for you. Similarly if you are able to offer anybody a lift please let us know.
Here’s some of the mess that was up there after Bonfire Night – all cleared up now – but wouldn’t it be nice to educate the people who do this and teach them that they should clear up after themselves.